Nová CLI v0.14.1.2
You ought to perform the following steps:
- Download the new binaries (the
.zipfile (Windows) or the
tar.bz2file (Mac OS X and Linux)) from the official website, the direct download links in this thread, or Github.
- Extract the new binaries to a new directory of your liking.
- Copy over the wallet files from the old directory (i.e. the v0.13.x.x directory or the v0.14.x.x directory).
monerod(warning: a database conversion is required if you are upgrading from v0.13.x.x, v0.14.0.0, or v0.14.0.2, although it should be relatively fast) and
monero-wallet-cli(in case you have to use your wallet).
Note that a blockchain resync is not needed. Thus, if you open
it will simply pick up where it left off. Note, however, that the
daemon (monerod) will have to upgrade the database version (only applies
if you are upgrading from v0.13.x.x, v0.14.0.0, or v0.14.0.2).
Brief release notes
- This release essentially merely contains bug fixes for the bugs found in CLI v0.14.1.0. You can find a change log here.
Some highlights of the previous point release (v0.14.1.0) are:
- Blockchain pruning.
- Deterministic (reproducible) builds.
- Trezor support (for the model T).
- Ledger Nano X support.
- Tor & I2P (CLI) wallet integration.
- Multisig Messaging System.
- Further Bulletproofs verification optimizations.
- JIT enabled, which drastically improves sync performance.
- Bug fixes and further performance improvements.
A few final notes
- The Linux binaries are not compressed. Thus, you will have to use
tar xvf <filename>.tar.bz2to unpack the binary. This will be fixed in the v0.15 release.
- GUI v0.14.1.2 is expected to be tagged soon.
- The hashes of the Linux and Windows builds were confirmed (by reproducing the build) by iDunk, hyc, scoobybejesus, atroxes, TheCharlatan, SpellChkr_, philkode (only Linux), jonathancross and fluffypony.
- The hashes of the Mac OS build were confirmed (by reproducing the build) by iDunk, hyc, scoobybejesus, atroxes, TheCharlatan, jonathancross, and fluffypony.
- Deterministic (reproducible) builds are not available yet for BSD.
- To prune an existing blockchain file (data.mdb), you can utilize the
prune-blockchaintool that is included in the binaries. Make sure to close all Monero related processes before utilizing this tool. Additionally, if your blockchain file is stored in a non-default directory, you have to make use of the
- To enable pruning on
monerod, use the
Ledger & Trezor CLI guides
- How do I generate a Ledger Monero wallet with the CLI (monero-wallet-cli)?
- How do I generate a Trezor Monero wallet with the CLI (monero-wallet-cli)?
P.S. If you have any questions regarding the release or need assistance with upgrading, feel free to use this thread.